- This event has passed.
What’s New? NYC Agency Maps, Tools, & Geospatial Data for 2022
Mar 7 at 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
New York City agencies create and publish a huge volume of geospatial data about land use, emergency preparedness, and public health. We use Geographic information Systems (GIS), computer-based tools to store, visualize, and analyze this geographic data. This panel will review publicly-available tools and data sets, discuss the state of GIS technology in the city, and consider how the City uses geospatial data to serve NYC residents. Join this conversation with agency GIS leaders about new maps & tools, geospatial data, and initiatives for 2022.
- Lee Ilan, Chief of Planning, Mayor’s Office of Environmental Remediation
- Jiin Wen, Director of Multimedia & Geospatial Information Service Unit, NYC Economic Development Corporation
- Joshua Friedman, Executive Director of GIS, NYC Emergency Management
- Matt Croswell, GIS Team Lead and Open Data Coordinator, NYC Department of City Planning
- Matthew Montesano, Director of Data Communication, Bureau of Environmental Surveillance and Policy, NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene
- Tom Swanson, Executive Director of Citywide GIS, NYC Office of Technology and Innovation (OTI), formerly DoITT